Re: sub-REGIONS of three-arguments (curvilinear) SHADE,FILL,CONTOURandVECTOR

Emanuele,

You mention the 'applet' so I wonder if you are using Ferret in the
context of LAS?

In any case, you can restrict the region that is plotted using

  shade/hlimits="xlo:xhi"/vlimits="ylo:yhi" temp, lon, lat

The 'hlimits' and 'vlimits' qualifiers specify the range to display in
the output plot and use the output plot axes rather than the I and J
indices associated with the data.

NOTE 1:  The /hlimits qualifier doesn't handle always handle (e/w)
properly for degrees longitude so be sure to use the same sign (+/-)
that is on the axis data.

NOTE 2:  This technique doesn't reduce the amount of data read into
Ferret, only the amount of data plotted so you may have performance
problems plotting tiny regions from huge curvilinear datasets.

Anyway, I hope this works for you.  And let us know if you've set up an
LAS site.

best wishes,

-- Jonathan Callahan