Re: Ferret hard limits

Hi Richard,
I don't think there is any place where all the limits are documented; this
is a good idea and we'll see if we can get to it.  In the meantime, the
release notes for recent versions of Ferret are a good place to track
down the information.  They're all linked to the documentation web page:
http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/Documentation/ferret_documentation.html

Many of these limits are being lengthened in newer versions of Ferret,
including string lengths for things like long file pathnames (512 characters
version 5.33) and the command line buffer (2048 characters in version 5.33).
The limit on open files has been 500 for quite some time, at least for sets of
files being used in an MC data set -- what kind of files are you seeing this
limit, and what is the error message you get?  It may be something else
getting in your way.

Ansley Manke

--
Ansley Manke  Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory  Seattle WA  (206)526-6246