log plotting

Ferret 5.22, intel, linux

I am having a problem doing log plots, or rather adjusting the axis range. I
wish to do a semi-log plot where the y-axis is log scale, and the x-axis is
linear. Following the log_plot_demo,jnl, everything works fine. However,
ferret (or pplus) uses full orders of magnitude when picking axis limits and
labeling them. This is not satisfactory for what I am plotting as the data has
a range of much less than two orders of magnitude (what ferret picks for the
plot).

The values that I am plotting range between 0.4 and 2.5. When I used these
numbers for the vlimit= specifier, the results were not as anticipated. The
range of the y-axis was really 10^0.4 to 10^2.5, but the axis labels were
still two orders of magnitude, going below the lower horizontal axis, and not
reaching the top horizontal axis. OK, I figured, even though the data given to
the plot command is not the log, the vlimit must already be the log. So, I
changed the limits to -0.4:0.4, and now ferret crashes.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rick Slater