Err, time problems

Hello All;

I have been concatenating numerous files (multiple time steps) into a
single large file (of only one day time steps).  In the new netcdf file,
I have the time variable listed in YYYYDDD format (DDD is julian date).
Err, seems ferret doesn't like this choice for a time variable.  Does
ferret only read certain types of time variable formats?  Is there a way
to get ferret to recognize YYYYDDD format at all?  Thanks in advance.

V/R

STEPHEN B. COCKS, Capt, USAF
AFIT PhD Student
Texas A&M University