Re: SET MEMORY/SIZE limitations under Win32 version

Hi Ahrens,

When you say "I can only go to a maximum of SET MEMORY/SIZE=30" I assume
that some error occurs at larger size.  Can you tell us what that error
behavior is?

Note that the "/SIZE=30" is measured in megaWords --120 Mbytes.  This is  in
addition to the basic code size of Ferret and memory used by system and
other applications.  Are you sure that you have adequate virtual memory
(paging file) allocated to your system?

    - steve

Ahrens David wrote:

> I was wondering if I have something set up wrong or could possibly
> change something to remove the memory limitation that appears to be with
> the Win32 release of ferret 5.22.
> At present I can only go to a maximum of SET MEMORY/SIZE=30, but when
> running some scripts I've still hit a error of insufficient memory.
> I have ample physical memory available >250MB still free.
> Any suggestions
>
> Thank you.
>
>  ____________________________________________________
> David Ahrens
> Research Officer
> Climate Impacts and Natural Resource Systems
> Natural Resource Sciences
> Department of Natural Resources and Mines
>  ____________________________________________________
> QCCA Building
> Gate 4, 80 Meiers Road                  Ph:   +61 7 3896 9842
> INDOOROOPILLY   QLD    4068             Fax:  +61 7 3896 9843
> AUSTRALIA                                       Mob:      040 8722801
> e-mail: david.ahrens@dnr.qld.gov.au
> www: http://www.dnr.qld.gov.au/longpdk/index.html
>  _____________________________________________________

> The information in this e-mail together with any attachments is
> intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed
> and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
>
> Any form of review, disclosure, modification, distribution
> and/or publication of this e-mail message is prohibited.
>
> If you have received this message in error, you are asked to
> inform the sender as quickly as possible and delete this message
> and any copies of this message from your computer and/or your
> computer system network.

Steve Hankin
NOAA/PMEL, 7600 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA 98115-0070
ph. (206) 526-6080 -- FAX (206) 526-6744