What is the maximum data size FERRET can handle?

Hi,

I have a data with the size of about 2.8G. I met the following problem
when I use FERRET to open it,

yes? use ho.TSP.900959.mon.nc
lnetcdf/lposixio.c:273: failed assertion `offset < X_INT_MAX'
Abort (core dumped)

Seems because the data is too big. Is there any way to handle big data?
Thanks a lot.

Haijun

                                           ''~``
                                          ( o o )
+------------------------------------.oooO--(_)--Oooo.---+
|Haijun Yang                                             |
|Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences          |
|University of Wisconsin-Madison                         |
|1225 West Dayton Street                                 |
|Madison, WI 53706                                       |
|Phone: 1-608-262-1956(office)         .oooO             |
|                                      (   )   Oooo.     |
                                               (_/