Re: 365 day years

Hi Stockli,

Which version of Ferret are you running?

The "noleap" calendar support was not introduced into Ferret until version 5.33
(a matter of months ago), whereas we were forced to drop active support for the
Ferret GUI approximately 4 years ago. This means that Ferret through its
command line should deal correctly with noleap calendars, but the GUI may not
correctly reflect the dates.

Can you send us the output of "ncdump -c myfile.nc" to see if the calendars are
encoded as expected by Ferret.  The conventions for differing calendar types in
netCDF files are relatively poorly standardized.

    - steve

--
Steve Hankin
NOAA/PMEL, 7600 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA 98115-0070