Re: dataset name! instead of descriptor file name?

Hi, Ansley,

Thank you for your response.
I used two kinds of commands to generate files:
(1) SHADE variable and FRAME/FORMAT=...
(2) LIST/FORMAT=...
Both methods will show the descriptor file name(instead of the data set name) on the
output results.
(Of course, it would be tricky if one picture is generated  based on more than one
data sets)

By the way, what is the good way to avoid the ferret.jnl~*~ being generated? (there
should be a switch to be turned ON or OFF to control it, but I did NOT  find it)

Thanks
Frank