Re: DOD's usage

Hi Kalayni -

In order to use the DODS capabilites for the SGI IRIX machines, you'll have to
upgrade your Ferret version to version 5.22.  This is available at:

    http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/Downloads/ferret_downloads.html

Cheers-

Kevin

C Kalyani Devasena wrote:

> Hai,
> I am using ferret 4.91 on a irix (sgi IRIX6)mechine (which is also an
> internet server). When I give the following
> command
> use "http://www.noaa.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/nph-nc/data/coads_climatology.nc";
> it comes out with following message
>  ** netCDF error: NCSYSERR
> is this a CDF file ?
> I have also used to run go dods_demo.jnl
> but not working
>
> Is anything else I have to install apart from usual ferret installation
> for using DOD's facility.
>
> Our internet server is working fine. I need  help in this regard from
> some one who are using dod's facility.
>
> With regards,
> Kalyani

>  Dr. C.Kalyani Devasena                  Phone : +91 80 527 4649 Ext 4111.
>  Fellow,                                 Fax   : +91 80 526 0392.
>  CSIR Centre for Mathematical-           E-mail: kalyani@cmmacs.ernet.in
>  Modelling and Computer Simulation (C-MMACS)
>  Belur Campus,                                    ckd_tkr@hotmail.com
>  Bangalore - 560 037,          URL   : http://www.cmmacs.ernet.in/~kalyani
>  India.

Kevin O'Brien
206-526-6751                    NOAA/PMEL/TMAP/JISAO
206-526-6744 (fax)              http://tmap.pmel.noaa.gov