Re: Default Browser

Hi Jolene,
For the PC installation, "Fenv" does not appear to be enabled.   Your
PC's default browser setting is what isn't being found.  When you
you type "help" at the Ferret command line, your browser should open, and
you'd be pointed to the Ferret web page, http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/.

Does Ferret work otherwise?  Try typing the Ferret command:

yes? go tutorial

You'll need to read the text in the command window and also view plots
that should pop up on your screen.   Welcome to Ferret, and the users
group!

Ansley Manke

Jonathan Callahan wrote:

Jolene,

If you type 'Fenv' you'll see all of the ferret environment variables
and their settings.  In my case the following is defined:

FER_WEB_BROWSER=netscape -ncols 60

I hope this helps,

-- Jonathan Callahan

--
Ansley Manke  Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory  Seattle WA  (206)526-6246