Re: Moving the title

> Can anyone tell me how to move the title, say a little closer to the
> image or even to the top of the image?

As far as I know, you can't move the title. However, the good
news is that it is super-easy to make your own titles anywhere
you want, using the LABEL command.

Make your plot (or contour, fill, etc) using the /TITLE qualifier:

You can specify a title this way or blank it:

PLOT/TITLE="title text"/.... VARIABLE		! specifies a title

But /TITLE without arguments blanks the title:

PLOT/TITLE/..... VARIABLE 	! Title is removed

Alternatively, remove all automatic labels (except axis numbering):

PLOT/NOLAB/..... VARIABLE  ! removes the title and other labels too

To make your own title or any labels anywhere on the plot:

LABEL xpos ypos center angle size text

You got your choice of fonts, sizes, angles, etc, etc. Much better
than the default title for anything except a quick look.

Billy K