multi-netcdf files for just winter

Hi Ferreters.  Thanks to everyone who answered my last question, very
helpful.

I looked over the mail archives and the manual but nothing
seemed to answer my next question. I have many netcdf files that cover the
winter, ie air.1963.nc covers the 1963 winter from nov-1-1962 :
mar-31-1963.  Is there a way to get ferret to open these as one long time
series (a series of winters)?  The only solution that I've thought of is
to alter the data files and include missing data for the non-winter
months but this would make the data set much larger which I'm trying to avoid.

I hope everyone's having a great weekend.

Cheers,

Brent

--
Brent A. McDaniel