Re: setting region with curvilinear coords

Hi Andrew,

The arguments /HLIMITS (horizontal limits) and /VLIMITS as in

    yes? SHADE/HLIMITS=lo:hi/VLIMITS=lo:hi var,hpoints,vpoints

allow you to clip to the desired rectangle regardless of the curvilinear
coordinates.

    - steve

=============================

Andrew Woolf wrote:

> Suppose I have a variable defined on curvilinear coords. I can display
> this using the 3-argument version of shade, for instance:
>
> shade my_data,x_grid,y_grid
>
> where x_grid and y_grid give the lon and lat coords.
>
> My question is: can I set the region *based on x_grid and y_grid*,
> not i or j?
>
> I want to be able to limit the shaded plot to a rectangular range in lat/lon
> space which bears no direct correspondence to the i/j grid coords of my
> data.
>
> I could probably do this by regridding, but perhaps there is a more
> direct route?
>
> I'm rather new to ferret, so my apologies if this is obvious. I've looked
> through documentation and the mail archives, but can't find the
> answer.
>
> Cheers,
>  - Andrew

> Andrew Woolf  (awo@mail.nerc-essc.ac.uk)
> Environmental Systems Science Centre (ESSC)
> Reading University
> 3 Earley Gate
> Whiteknights
> Reading RG6 6AL
> UNITED KINGDOM
> Phone: +44 (0)118 931 8741   Fax: +44 (0)118 931 6413

Steve Hankin
NOAA/PMEL, 7600 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA 98115-0070
ph. (206) 526-6080 -- FAX (206) 526-6744