Time axis

Hello Ferreters,

I have a question regarding time axis and NetCDF file formats.  I have a set
of ASCII data with columns of date, time, pressure, and humidity.  The data
is scattered (ie. no regular time intervals, pressure intervals etc).  The
date format is YYYY/MM/DD and the time format is HH:MM:SS.  If I want to
graph the time axis in a continuing basis with hourly increments, do I have
to covert my ASCII file into NetCDF format?  I have no experience in NetCDF
files at all.  What I eventually want to do is to have a graph of pressure
versus time, with contours of humidity.  I know I can accomplish this using
SCAT2GRID functions but I don't know how to get Ferret to recognize the time
axis.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ken