Re: linuxizing descriptor files

Hi Jose!
	The script you are looking for is attached.

regards
Retish

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, Jose Edson Pereira wrote:

> Dear Ferreters,
>
> 	Does anyone have the  script file which attempts to linuxize Fortran 77
> style descriptors to be usable under linux F90's like? I've already
> tried the link at the FAQ
> ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/FAQ/system/linux_mc_descriptors.html, but for
> some reason I could not get it!
> Cheers,
> jose

Retish Senan
Centre for Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
Indian Institute of Science
B A N G A L O R E   560 012
Ph: +91-80-3092505
    +91-80-3600450
Fax:+91-80-3447865
http://caos.iisc.ernet.in/hpg/students/retish.html
#!/bin/csh
# This shell script is designed to take an existing descriptor file
# and translate it into an acceptable format for linux Ferret.  The reason this
# needs to be done is because linux Ferret was compiled w/ F90, and it
# uses different formats for namelist reads than does F77.  The usage for
# this script is:
#
#          linuxize_descriptors descriptor_name > new_descriptor_name
#
# Without the redirect, the new descriptor is written to stdout.
#
# It is also possible that the "filter" below will not completely linuxize
# every descriptor out there.  Some non-TMAP customizations may be missed, and
# will cause errors when attempting to read the descriptor into ferret.
# In that case, edits will need to be made to the sed command below to include
# the required substitution, deletion, etc.
#
# kob  6/97 - kobrien@pmel.noaa.gov

if ( $#argv != 1 ) then
	echo "    Usage:  linuxize_descriptors descriptor_name"
	echo "    Example:  linuxize_descriptors coads.des"
	exit 1
endif

ls $argv[1]  >& /dev/null

if ($status) then
	echo "File "$argv[1]" does not seem to exist. "
	echo "Exiting..............."
	exit 1
endif

sed -e '/\*\*\*/d' -e '/^*/d' -e 's/\$/\&/g' -e 's#\&END#/#g' -e '/\* /d' -e '     s/        / /g' -e '/\-\-/d' -e '/D_ADD_PARM/d' -e '/d_add_parm/d' $argv[1]