Re: increase resolution of GIF figures

At 2:41 pm +0800 27/7/01, gaorz0 wrote:
>Hi, Ferreters
>
>Does anyone know how to increase resolution of GIF figures to 600dpi?
>
>Thank you in advance.
>
>Gaorz

One technique I have used in the past is to make GIF figures at 75dpi
but make the window very large. Then I use an image processing
package like photoshop to convert to 150dpi but with a smaller image
size to preserve the detail.  I have found that 150dpi gives
acceptable quality when printing. Some document processing packages
will do this for you automatically when you import the images
(FrameMaker is one example). Only once when I put some images to a
film recorder did I use 600dpi and the experience was not pleasant as
the gif filesizes were enormous and difficult to handle.

  Glenn

--

Dr. Glenn Carver, Senior Research Associate,
Centre for Atmospheric Science, Chemistry Dept., Cambridge University, UK

          "I never think of the future, it comes soon enough"
                          - Albert Einstein