Re: multi netCDF descriptor file in Linux

Hello,

Through the help of Brent McDaniel, I was able to figure out my problem.
For the record, to get descriptor files to work in Linux, no comments are
allowed and the format needs to be an f90 namelist instead of f77.
Apparently, the Irix compiler allows for both while the Linux compiler
does not. The format of each block in the descriptor file needs to have
the form:

 &FORMAT_RECORD
 /

instead of:

 &FORMAT_RECORD
 $END

Sincerely,
    Bill

                        Bill Gustafson
_____________Ph.D. Candidate, Atmospheric Science___________

Land, Air and Water Resources
University of California, Davis
1 Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616-8627                           (530)752-1868
U.S.A.                                      ivor@ucdavis.edu