external functions on AIX

Dear ferreters,

has anyone got external functions to run on an AIX operational system?
I did't manage to link the object files properly to ferret.

For other operating systems the compiler and linker options are
given in the files platform_specific_includes.mk.* in the ef_utility/
subdirectory. I don't know how to produce the proper file for
our AIX rs6000. I can compile individual fortran code e.g. with
"f77 -c code.f" to produce an object file "code.o". But all my
efforts sofar to link this object file to ferret have failed
(e.g. by just copying to code.so which ferret could recognize as
an external function).

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Andreas

--
Andreas Schmittner                        andreas@ocean.seos.uvic.ca
School of Earth and Ocean Sciences        Tel: (250) 472-4060