Locate good data point

Dear Ferreters,

using output from an Atlantic ocean model, I'm trying to locate the
i-index of the westernmost ocean point at a given latitude. Example: At,
say, 30 degN, the westernmost ocean point would be roughly at 80 degW at
the surface, and a bit more to the east at greater depths.
I could of course LIST/y=30n/k=1/form=(e) TEMP to see at which index the
values switch from special_value to real data at this level, but since I
want to do it for all depths and all latitudes, I'm looking for something
more automatic.

Any good ideas?

Cheers,

Jens-Olaf
 Jens-Olaf Beismann
 IfM Kiel - FB 1
 Duesternbrooker Weg 20        Phone:__49-431-6004016
 24105 Kiel, Germany           Fax  :__49-431-6001515