EXIT in a REPEAT loop

Hi all,
     The Ferret users manual states the following about the  "EXIT"  command

"When executed within a command file this command terminates the
execution of the command file and returns control to the level in
Ferret that executed the file (the user or another command file). "

We've recently found that this works great unless EXIT is placed
within a REPEAT loop.  Here's an example:  The command files test1
and test2 exit back to test.jnl, but test3.jnl exits all the way back
to the command prompt without executing test1 the second time.   Am I
missing something or is this a "feature"?  Lynn

test.jnl:

let a=1
let b=2
let c=3
go test1 a b c
go test2 a b c
go test3 a b c
go test1 a b c

where

test1.jnl is

list $1,$2,$3
list $1
exit
list $2
list $3

test2.jnl is

repeat/i=1:3 (list $1,$2,$3)
list $1
exit
list $2
list $3

and test3.jnl is
repeat/i=1:3 (list $1,$2,$3; exit)
list $1
exit
list $2
list $3

the output is:
%ferret
         NOAA/PMEL TMAP
         Program FERRET (GUI)
         Version 4.91 - 05/19/98
         18-Jul-01 12:50

yes? go test
let a=1
let b=2
let c=3
go test1 a b c
list $1,$2,$3
  !-> list a,b,c
  Column  1: A is 1
  Column  2: B is 2
  Column  3: C is 3
              A      B      C
I / *:    1.000  2.000  3.000
list $1
  !-> list a
              1
           1.000
exit
go test2 a b c
repeat/i=1:3 (list $1,$2,$3)
  !-> repeat/i=1:3 (list a,b,c)
!-> REPEAT: I=1
  Column  1: A is 1
  Column  2: B is 2
  Column  3: C is 3
              A      B      C
I / *:    1.000  2.000  3.000
!-> REPEAT: I=2
  Column  1: A is 1
  Column  2: B is 2
  Column  3: C is 3
              A      B      C
I / *:    1.000  2.000  3.000
!-> REPEAT: I=3
  Column  1: A is 1
  Column  2: B is 2
  Column  3: C is 3
              A      B      C
I / *:    1.000  2.000  3.000
list $1
  !-> list a
              1
           1.000
exit
go test3 a b c
repeat/i=1:3 (list $1,$2,$3; exit)
  !-> repeat/i=1:3 (list a,b,c; exit)
!-> REPEAT: I=1
  Column  1: A is 1
  Column  2: B is 2
  Column  3: C is 3
              A      B      C
I / *:    1.000  2.000  3.000
%(exited all the way out of ferret back to the command prompt)
Lynn deWitt

ldewitt@pfeg.noaa.gov

Pacific Fisheries Environmental Laboratories
1352 Lighthouse Avenue
Pacific Grove, CA 93950-2097
(831)-648-9036