Re: external functions Ferret for windows

Hi Viviane -

Unfortunately, external functions do not work under Windows Ferret.
However, because of this, we have linked into Ferret several functions which
started out as external functions.  They are sort of internal external
functions, if that makes sense.

Ferret v5.22 for windows had a bug in it which didn't allow Ferret to
realize that these external functions were linked into Ferret and usable.
The new beta version 5.33 of Ferret fixes this bug.  It is available for
download at

    http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/Downloads/beta_releases.html

This version will allow you to use a variety of internal external functions,
including the scat2grid functions.  However, you will still be unable to
incorporate your own external functions, if that's what you were hoping to
do.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or problems.

Kevin

--
Kevin O'Brien
206-526-6751                    NOAA/PMEL/TMAP/JISAO