Re: ferret installation on RH Linux

Hi Linda,
If you are source'ing the paths from your .bashrc, you need
export FER_DIR="/usr/local/ferret", not just
FER_DIR=/usr/local/ferret.  Ditto for the other FERRET env variables.
Multiple paths require (for example --- one that works)
export FER_DATA=". $HOME/ferret/data $FER_DSETS/data $FER_DIR/go $FER_DIR/examples $FER_DIR/contrib /kailas/user1/datasets/data /kailas/user2/datasets/data"
Regards, Shankar.

On Tue, 3 Jul 2001, L L Rasmussen wrote:

> Hi,  I've seen several messages in the archives about problems with
> getting ferret up and running on linux systems, but I haven't been able
> to find the answers to the questions.
>
> Mine is complaining about the environment not being set up properly
> ('have you executed "source your_system_path/ferret_paths" ?')  I have
> done this using both the source command and the set command (set
> FERRET_PATHS=/usr/local/ferret_paths) as well as putting it into my
> .bash_profile and re-logging in.  When I use the source command, it
> complains that it gets an unexpected end of file at the end of the
> ferret_paths file.   Also changed the 'setenv' commands to
> bash-compatible environment setting ('setenv FER_DIR /usr/local/ferret'
> --> 'FER_DIR=/usr/local/ferret' in the paths files.
>
> Could someone please let me know how to set up the environment for linux
> (running RH 7.1)?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Linda L. Rasmussen
> MIT / Woods Hole Oceanographic Inst. Joint Program
> MS#25, Woods Hole, MA  02543  U.S.A.
> Phone 508.289.3466

D. Shankar                           Ph. (O): [91](832) 22 6253 * 4312/4400
Physical Oceanography Division,                         22 1322 * 4312/4400
National Institute of Oceanography,      (R): [91](832) 23 8208
Dona Paula,                          Fax    : [91](832) 22 3340/9102
Goa 403 004,                         email  : shankar@darya.nio.org
India.                                        shankar@csnio.ren.nic.in