cancel /noaxis option

Dear Ferreters:
 I have this problem for a while, and still could not think a better way to fix
it:
 Sometimes I do shade/contour plot and the line plot in one page. However, if I
specify that
shade/noaxis/set .... as an option for my 1st plot, and then when I do
plot/set var ...
following it at the same page (or the next page, but still in the same Ferret
session), then my plot of the curves will be presented without any boundaries.
That is the /noaxis option applied again here. There is a way to bring the
axis/label back, but it takes more than one command. I am wondering if there is
option like
plot/axis
could be set up, so I can bring my axis back whenever I want?
Thanks for the help.
Happy July 4th!
Muyin