EOF analysis

I'm trying to do EOF analysis on 20 Isotherm Depth in Pacific Ocean.
I used Ferret to get a cdf file of 20 Isotherm Depth (because the
original data is .cdf format), then put it in Fortran program for EOF
analysis. First I tried to do the same thing on SST, it worked, but as
for 20 Isotherm Depth, it didn't work and showed the problem "floating
overflow". I couldn't figure out what's wrong, do you have some idea
about that? or maybe ferret can do EOF analysis by itself?

The version of ferret I use is v5.22.

Thanks very much. Looking forwards to your reply!

Sincerely,
li