Finding indices of nearest grid points...

I've been whacking away at this for a few days, and I'm mostly stumped.

I've got two "curvilinear" grids and a mask specified on one of them. I'd like
to create the same (ok, really close) masked area on the other grid. I've
played with stepping through the lon/lat coordinates of the masked area on
the 1st grid and finding the closest point on the 2nd (via subtraction and
@LOC:0) but that doesn't quite work. I've also tried using @CIA and @CIB,
but those aren't quite satisfactory either. To illustrate, here's a little
gif of the two grids, the red points being the 2nd grid, the blue points be-
ing the masked area of the first grid I want to replicate.

Any ideers? Thanks!

--
Gary Strand                Climate Change Research Section, NCAR (303) 497-1336
strandwg@ucar.edu                          http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/ccr/strandwg