log plots for a depth axis

Hi Ferreters,

I'm trying to make plots for atmospheric data where the vertical
coordinate is pressure.  The vertical axis is from 1000mb up to 10mb.  The
levels are not equally spaced.  What I want is a plot with pressure on the
y-axis, but plotted logarithmically.  Hopefully you understand what I mean
as this is the a pretty way to do these types of plots.
I'll try my hand at crude ascii art.

10
.
.
.
.

100 |

200 | <-- y-axis is spaced log

300 |

500 |

700 |

850 |
1000|
a new z-axis:
yes? define axis/from/name=test/z log(z[gz=level])
and plotting things by:
yes? contour temp[gz=test@asn]

This produces a log plot but the y-axis is inverted (which makes sense as
the logs of the highest pressure levels will be the smallest.  Also, the
y-axis doesn't have the original pressure levels on it but the new values
(1-3 from log10 to log1000).  The inversion was fixed by adding the /depth
qualifier to the define axis statement. (now I'm using:
define axis/from/name=test/z/depth log(z[gz=level]) but I still have the
problem of the y-labels not being the original 1000-10 values.

Does anyone have a decent workaround for this? I've got a meeting next
week and plots that need to be done. *yikes!*

Thanks as always.

- Brent

--
Brent A. McDaniel