reading ASCII data file

Hello everyone. I'm a new - proud ferret user with my first question for
the community.

I have many ASCII data files which have a header of 8 lines, 3 columns of
data and then some 8 lines of unwanted text. Is there any way to skip the
8 lines of text at the end ? The command

set data/ez/skip=8/columns=3/var="depth,data,stdev" mydataset.dat

doesn't work because I have those 8 lines of unwanted text at the end.

Any suggestions ?

Thank you.
Irina Marinov
AOS Program, Princeton University