How do I extract ASCII data file header and use as plot title

Hi Y'all,
	 couldn't find any help on this in the archives:
I'm setting up cshell batch scripts to run ferret and I would like to
extract the first line of my ascii data files which contains a
description of the data source (ie model setup) and use this
character line as the title in my contour command. How do I do this?

thanks,

Lev Tarasoff -  Dept of Physics, University of Toronto,
                60 St. George St., Toronto, Ontario, CANADA, M5S 1A7
                Tel (416)-946-3019  Fax (416)-978-8905
                email: lev@atmosp.physics.utoronto.ca