saving a variable to existing nc file

I want to save a variable into an existing netcdf file. This variable is
defined in ferret using, say, LET var = var1 + var2, where var1 and var2
are variables from the netcdf file; the dimensionality of the new variable
is the same as the other ones (XYT, where T in the nc file is the record
dimension). But when I save it, Ferret creates 3 new coordinate variables
to support var. Is it possible to force Ferret to use the existing
coordinate variables when saving a new variable?

Thanks.

Emilio Mayorga
University of Washington
School of Oceanography			emiliom@u.washington.edu
Box 357940				ph. (206) 221-6756
Seattle, WA  98195-7940	  USA		FAX (206) 685-3351
http://boto.ocean.washington.edu/staff_pages/emilio