Re: Problem of longitudinal cyclicity.

Hi Neven,

A first guess is that the data set does not contain an attribute to tell
Ferret that the longitude axis is "modulo". Try the command
    yes? SHOW GRID
The "m" on the X axis indicates that it is modulo.

     yes? show grid sst
         GRID COADS
      name       axis              # pts   start                end
      COADSX    LONGITUDE          180mr   21E                  19E(379)

      COADSY    LATITUDE            90 r   89S                  89N

If the "m" is missing, you can tell Ferret that the axis is modulo with this
command:

    yes? SET AXIS/modulo <axis_name>

You can insert the longitude axis_name of your variable automatically with
the syntax
    `my_variable,return=xaxis`

    - steve

--
Steve Hankin
NOAA/PMEL, 7600 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, WA 98115-0070