thicker continental lines

Hello,
 I have done some shaded plots over the polar region. On top of the shaded area
is the continental line overlayed. I used "go mp_land 7 overlay" to make them
thicker on the plots. They are fine on my graphic window, but once I produced
the hard copy (.ps file) the lines became thinner again. Is there a way to keep
them as the way I saw on my graphic window?
 I tried Billy's suggestion to make it thicker by changing
1.000 lw to 4.000 lw , but it did not work on this case. I don't know why. Any
suggestions?
 Thanks for the help.

Muyin