Re: contour or shade vertical section with bottom line along theoceancruise

Dear Dr. Ansley Manke

I am sorry to be redundant and trouble you with a lot again.

I got the manual of the Fettet DUI User' Guide v4.4.
However it did not give me much suggestion on the matter bellow.

For example, what I want is
1 start the script which you sent me.
2 next GUI come up to select the cruseline on the way of the script
running.
3 clik and drag(or double clik) mouse to select the cruseline.
4 then return back to the script automatically.
5 finally script complete.

something like the conbination between script and GUI interactively.

Takaya Namba

Thank you again for this suggestion.

General questions
I would like to know how to make GUI interface to Ferret.
Of course I know you have the Ferret GUI by "ferret -gui".
Could I do using JAVA or CGI perl etc? Or do you have any other ways to
interface to Ferret?
Just suggestion is enough this time. I will check and study by myself, if
you can suggest to me on this matter.

For example,
how I can do GUI input of your script(describing the ocean cruise line)
using mouse.

yes? LET xlon = 234.5 + I[I=1:50]       ! define the slant line
yes? LET dely = 24./49
yes? LET ylat = 24.5 - dely*i[i=1:50] + dely

If mouse operation can be used to select the cruise line, I can
develop(modify) this vertical profile script for our reserchers and
students even who are not good at computer operations.

Thank you in advance.

Takaya Namba

>From: Ansley Manke <ansley@pmel.noaa.gov>
>To: Namba Takaya <takayanamba@hotmail.com>
>CC: ferret_users@ferret.wrc.noaa.gov, shankar@darya.nio.org
>Subject: Re: contour or shade vertical section with bottom line along the
oceancruise
>Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 09:24:07 -0700
>
>Hi Takaya,
>You can do this using the SAMPLEXY function.   See the Users Guide
>under SAMPLEXY (chapter3, sec 2.3.34).
>
>yes? USE ocean_atlas_annual
>yes? LET xlon = 234.5 + I[I=1:50]       ! define the slant line
>yes? LET dely = 24./49
>yes? LET ylat = 24.5 - dely*i[i=1:50] + dely
>yes? PLOT/VS/LINE/SYM=27 xlon,ylat      ! line off Central America
>yes? GO land
>
>! Now sample the field "salt" along this track and make a filled contour
plot.
>The horizontal axis is
>! abstract; it is a count of the number of points along the track.
(Figure3_3b)