Running Ferret in batch mode

    Hi ferreters

    I am trying to produce gif plots daily at eight in the morning. So
I've written a shell script that daily gets the data via ftp and then
run ferret to produce the gif files. But I always get the same error,
the gif files are not created when I run the script via cron; but
everything works fine if I run the script in a terminal window.

    The general shell script call a different script for every gif file
(change dirs, rename data files,...) and this specific scripts contain
the follwing line to run ferret:

    ferret -unmapped < humtem.jnl

    And the error message I get is :

    "The Ferret environment has not been properly set up.
    (The environment variable FER_DIR is not defined)"

    I add ferret paths to the environment when opening a terminal with
the source line in .cshrc. How can I do this in batch mode?

    Running Ferret v4.45 in HP-UX.10.20

    Thanks in advance

    Paco

--