Re: contour or shade vertical section with bottom line along theoceancruise

Dear Dr. Ansley Manke

Thank you for your kind and quick help.

I made it (etopo60,or etopo20) but
When I use the etopo5 and set the rather wide region,
the insufficient memory error come.

I did
when I start ferret,
>ferret -memsize 10 (even larger than 10)
and
set memory/size=10 (even larger than 10)

it dose not work.

Then I make the region smaller, next
error come like
a program limit has been reached, xxxxxx
  plot size is : xxxxxxxxx.

Could I overcome this problem in ferret?
Is this  because of the  memory limitation of Ferret?
One way we use the smaller region or coarse topo file?

Thank you in advance.

>From: Ansley Manke <ansley@pmel.noaa.gov>
>To: Namba Takaya <takayanamba@hotmail.com>
>CC: ferret_users@ferret.wrc.noaa.gov, shankar@darya.nio.org
>Subject: Re: contour or shade vertical section with bottom line along the
oceancruise
>Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 09:24:07 -0700
>
>Hi Takaya,
>You can do this using the SAMPLEXY function.   See the Users Guide
>under SAMPLEXY (chapter3, sec 2.3.34).
>
>yes? USE ocean_atlas_annual
>yes? LET xlon = 234.5 + I[I=1:50]       ! define the slant line
>yes? LET dely = 24./49
>yes? LET ylat = 24.5 - dely*i[i=1:50] + dely
>yes? PLOT/VS/LINE/SYM=27 xlon,ylat      ! line off Central America
>yes? GO land
>
>! Now sample the field "salt" along this track and make a filled contour
plot.
>The horizontal axis is
>! abstract; it is a count of the number of points along the track.
(Figure3_3b)