Re: contour or shade vertical section with bottom line along theoceancruise

Hi Takaya,
You can do this using the SAMPLEXY function.   See the Users Guide
under SAMPLEXY (chapter3, sec 2.3.34).

yes? USE ocean_atlas_annual
yes? LET xlon = 234.5 + I[I=1:50]       ! define the slant line
yes? LET dely = 24./49
yes? LET ylat = 24.5 - dely*i[i=1:50] + dely
yes? PLOT/VS/LINE/SYM=27 xlon,ylat      ! line off Central America
yes? GO land

! Now sample the field "salt" along this track and make a filled contour plot.  The horizontal axis is
! abstract; it is a count of the number of points along the track. (Figure3_3b)

yes? LET slantsalt = samplexy(salt,xlon,ylat)
yes? FILL/LEVELS=(33.2,35.2,0.1)/VLIMITS=0:4000 slantsalt

! You can add a further step to plot the bathymetry:
yes? USE etopo5
yes? LET sectionrose = samplexy(rose, xlon, ylat)
yes? PLOT/OVER  -1* sectionrose

Namba Takaya wrote:

Dear Sir.

Could you tell me how to make contour or shade
the vertical section of temperature, salinity or whatever (ex. levitus
climatology) with bottom line (etopo5 data)
along the ocean cluise which is not parallel to zonal or meridianal?

I am doing small scale (coastal) oceanography and would like to make
contour or shade some parameters with  the fine bottom line (etopo5).

Thank you in advance.
Takaya Namba