restore labels

Dear Ferreters:
  I am wondering if anyone has had this similar problem before, and could give
me some suggestions:

  I have to plot lined curves (on y/t region), and contours over polar
projection. So for contour plot, I have to do
contour/noaxis/nolab/set ....
  to get rid of the unreal axis around the polar projection. But for my line
curves, I need the axis, both x and y. However, if I started with the curve
plot, then do the contours, things work well. But, if I started my contour plot,
and then do the curves, the axis is gone for all the curve plots. One way to fix
this is to manually "draw" a line around the box. But I think there might be a
way to turn on the /axis/label option back after the contour plot. Is there a
way to "force" the label and axis on?
 Thanks for your help.
Muyin