Re: go polar_2d, under Ferret

Hi Kristof,
There are newer map projection scripts that use the curvilinear projections
capability that came into Ferret with Version 4.91.   These give you more
control over the plots, for example labelling and also the ability to use different
map projections.  There is a demo of  these "go mp_demo".  Also take a look
in the Users Guide under "map projections",  "curvilinear plot commands"
"curvilinear, scripts for".  And a quick look at the email archives turned up this
example showing how to call some of the map projection scripts.

http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/Mail_Archives/fu_99/tmp/msg00109.html

-Ansley Manke

Kristof Sturm wrote:

Hello,
        I am working with AGCM output over Antarctica with Ferret. Usually it
works fine, apart from one very NetCDF file created with Matlab, which
has large gaps (i.e. large area with the Fill Value).
        The mysterious thing about it is that the classic fill/shade commands
plot the data corectly, but when I try to execute the "go polar_2d ..."
script, it only displays "No Valid Data".
        Thanks for helping me out,                              K.
Kristof Sturm
sturm@glaciog.ujf-grenoble.fr
Laboratoire de Glaciologie et Géophysique de l'Environnement
54, rue Molière - BP 96 - 38402 St Martin d'Hères - France
tel.: ++ 33 (0)4.76.82.42.51
http://glaciog.ujf-grenoble.fr/~sturm

--
Ansley Manke  Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory  Seattle WA  (206)526-6246