RE: How to extract length of axis to a symbol?

Andrew, Ansley, et al.-

Thanks!   That define works.  Now I need a little help
getting the index range of a regridded variable.  The
first section below writes a new netCDF file and then
I want to append to it with additional data, yet unless
I specify the index range the first set of data gets
overwritten by the no_data values from the 2nd set of data.

LET V_VEL_COMP = V3[gt=TNEW@LIN]
SAVE/FILE="m1_adcp.nc"/LLIMITS=1:($NTIME)/CLOBBER U_VEL_COMP,V_VEL_COMP

USE
"/hosts/tornado/vol/vol0/oasis/deployments/m1/199606/m1/netcdf/m1_adcp_19960
110_NarrowBand.nc"
LET U1 = missing(U_COMPONENT_FLAG, -9999)
LET U2 = IF U1 EQ 0 THEN 1
LET U3 = U_COMPONENT * U2
LET U_VEL_COMP = U3[gt=TNEW@LIN]
LET V1 = missing(V_COMPONENT_FLAG, -9999)
LET V2 = IF V1 EQ 0 THEN 1
LET V3 = V_COMPONENT * V2
LET V_VEL_COMP = V3[gt=TNEW@LIN]

(How do I get the $LSTART & $LEND values that are needed for this?)

SAVE/FILE="m1_adcp.nc"/APPEND
U_VEL_COMP[L=$LSTART:$LEND],V_VEL_COMP[L=$LSTART:$LEND]

Again, thanks in advance,
Mike

--
Mike McCann   (mccann@mbari.org)
Group Leader, Information Applications Group