How to extract length of axis to a symbol?

Quick question, I hope...

After defining an axis, e.g.:

DEFINE AXIS/T=($TMIN):($TMAX):7200/UNITS=seconds TNEW

How do I get the number of points in the axis and assign
the number to a symbol?

(This is for a go file that I'm writing to combine separate
mooring deployment netCDF files into a single netCDF file
that contains all the data on a single grid.)

Thanks in advance,
Mike

--
Mike McCann   (mccann@mbari.org)
Group Leader, Information Applications Group