How to create 4D file with different isopycnals in K direction?

Hello Everyone,
I'm investigating properties (depth, u, v, ...) on the isopycnal surfaces,
and now I would like to make, instead of putting each isopycnal in
seperate file with 2D (I,J) spatial & 1D temporal (L) structure, one file
that will contains different isopycnal surfaces in vertical (K) direction,
but unfortunately that goes beyond my current level of contemplation into
the secrets of Ferret.
I'm grateful in advance for every help or advice.
All the best,
Neven

Neven Stjepan Fuckar
Texas A&M University