Multifile (MC) netcdf descriptor files

Dear ferrets,

I've been through the installation /doc directory, FAQ, online documentation
and mail archives but haven't been able to find a better description of
what exactly the various lines in the TMAP descriptor files do, in order to
create a multi-file netcdf file.

I've tried to create my own 'guessing' what I need to change the various
lines in the user guide to but without success, ferret gracefully dumps core.

If someone could point me to a document somewhat which better describes how
to setup these MC datasets I would be extremely grateful (not least because
I'm going to a conference next week and I need these plots!!).

Thanks
         Glenn