Re: annual average from monthly mean for precise 365-day years.

Hi Wei,

I'm not sure what problem you are describing. Here is an example of averaging 24
months of data into 2 annual averages:

     /export/home/ja3/hankin/tmp> ferret
             NOAA/PMEL TMAP
             Program FERRET
             Version 5.22 - 07/27/00
             17-Mar-01 14:03

     yes? define axis/t=1-jan-1980:1-jan-1982/npoints=24/edges t24months
     yes? let my_var = T[gt=t24months]
     yes? define axis/t=1-jan-1980:1-jan-1982/npoints=2/edges t2years
     yes? list my_var[gt=t2years@ave]
                  T[GT=T24MONTHS]
                  regrid: 8772 hour on T@AVE
      JUL-1980 / 1:  696546.
      JUL-1981 / 2:  705318.

Will this approach work for you?

    - steve

P.S. Note that to simplify the example I have used equal-length months. See Ref
Sec4.2. DEFINE AXIS and the FAQ at
http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/FAQ/analysis/annual_from_monthly.html for details
on creating exact calendar months and years.

--

                |  NOAA/PMEL               |  ph. (206) 526-6080
Steve Hankin    |  7600 Sand Point Way NE  |  FAX (206) 526-6744