Re: Polymark map region

Hi Richard,
Two ideas.  You can do this kind of thing by defining  new variables, masking
out values you don't want.
yes? let lon_mask = IF lon GT  100  AND  lon   LT  180 then 1 ELSE 0
yes? let lon_subset = lon_mask * lon

yes? let lat_mask = IF lat GT  10  AND  lat  LT  50 then 1 ELSE 0
yes? let lat_subset = lat_mask * lat

Then issue your polymark command with the variables lon_subset and lat_subset.

Or, overlay your polygon on a base map confined to the region you want.
Type "go/help basemap"  to see all the arguments.  You could also overlay
on any 2-d Ferret plot, of topology for example.

yes? go basemap x=100:180 y=10:50
yes? go polymark polygon/over/key  lon, lat, windspeed, circle

Richard Dixon wrote:
Dear Ferret-Users

Thanks to all who gave me some advice on plotting scattered data, polymark
seems like a good idea for me.

However - I'm having trouble using the polymark routine - I'm plotting out
the data which is just: 3 single-dimension arrays of lat, long and wind
speed. I was wondering whether I could specify the edges of the domain
which I would like to plot.

At present, it only plots the map over the region of the extremes of
latitude and longitude. Is there any way I can specify over which lat/lon
region I can carry out the plot without being restrained to the array data
extremes?

Many thanks
Richard

--
Ansley Manke  Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory  Seattle WA  (206)526-6246