Re: Read cdf files using fortran

Hi Jose;

There a program that automatically generates fortran code to read a
specified netCDF file.  It's called "gennet" and is available from
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/contrib.html.  Its fairly
primitive, and will make some minor mistakes sometimes, but saves you from
having to learn netCDF calls if you don't have time to do so.

Other lists of netCDF utilities are available at
http://www.gfdl.gov/~jps/GFDL_VG_NetCDF_Utils.html and
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/netcdf/software.html.  Perhaps you
can find a more modern or efficient code generator.

Liz
On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Jose E Pereira wrote:

> Hi all,
>    I'm trying to perform some specific operations that, as far as I know,
> are not (yet :>) available in ferret !
>    Does anyone know how (or if it's possible) to direct read a CDF file
> using fortran?
> any suggestions, please!
> jose

Elizabeth L. Dobbins