Multiplying arrays

Hello,

This is probably an extremely simple query but coming from IDL, I'm
finding it hard to get my head around arrays in Ferret.

I have a 41x19x3x730 (x,y,z,t) array that is based on a lat/long grid (it
is an NCAR re-analysis).

All I would like to do is multiply a variable I have created from the
original array but the value of the sine of the latitude at each point in
the array (which is obviously independant of x,z,t). I have no trouble
with sine etc. - it's just the creation of the new array that I can't seem
to do.

Any advice would be gratefully received as I'm starting to lose hair on
this one!

Many thanks
Richard