Movies/Animations (gif to mpeg)

  Hi -

I am trying to create movies from gif files created in ferret
under Compaq TRU64.  Folowing the FAQ, I installed both
mpeg_encode and pbmplus.  Then I created the GIF files in ferret.
However, the movie that I get after running mpeg_encode appears
to be a bunch of frames of random colors.

If I look at the individual gif files, they seem to appear as
they should.  Thus, the problem most likely lies in my conversion
from gif to mpeg.  But, I am not sure if this problem lies in the
installation of mpeg_encode and/or pbmplus or in the details of
how I am running mpeg_encode.  Below is the param file I used to
generate my mpeg.

I am hoping that someone can help me resolve this issue even
though it is not directly related to ferret.

  Thanks,

  - Jeremy

I ran the following command:  mpeg_encode ferret.param.  Here is
my param file:

# parameter file with good default values
#
# use this as a guideline for any parameters you don't really
# understand or don't care about
#

PATTERN           IBBPBBPBBPBBPBB
OUTPUT            output.mpg

BASE_FILE_FORMAT  YUV
GOP_SIZE    30
SLICES_PER_FRAME  1

PIXEL       HALF
RANGE       10
PSEARCH_ALG LOGARITHMIC
BSEARCH_ALG CROSS2
IQSCALE           8
PQSCALE           10
BQSCALE           25

REFERENCE_FRAME   ORIGINAL

#
# you really need to understand the following
#
# YUV_SIZE  352x240
YUV_SIZE    176x120
INPUT_CONVERT     *

INPUT_DIR   /datasets/d8/CYCSims/FScripts

INPUT
PPTTOT2D930704I00FC_*.gif     [1-20]
END_INPUT