poleward heat transport

Hello,

I have a question about the poleward heat transport in the ocean, not
about Ferret.

Scaling law and numerical model results indicate that poleward heat
transport in the ocean
increases as the vertical diffusivity becomes larger when thermal
forcing dominates the wind forcing.
I would like to know how larger vertical diffusivity increases the
ploward heat transport.
What processes are involved in? It is obvious that the the heat
transport is proportional to the 2/3 power
of the vertical eddy diffusivity under a vertical advective-diffusive
balance. Does it occur through
increasing difference of buoyancy forcing between the equator and the
pole, or something else?

I think this mailing list is not exact place to ask this kind of
question,
but I hope ocean scientists subscribing this mailing list shed light on
this question.

Any help would be appreciate.

Regards,
Jang
--
Department of Atmospheric Sciences, Yonsei University
134 Shinchon-dong, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul 120-749, Korea