Re: bottom velocity vectors in a z-coordinate model

Hi Both,

Arne's solution is clever!

Here's another variation on the theme -- a bit clumsier but more straight
forward -- shown by example using the temperature field of
levitus_climatology:

-----
use levitus_climatology
let k_index = k + 0*temp   ! the K index masked by "temp"
shade k_index[k=@max]   ! K index of the bottom cell
PAUSE
let k_mask = IF K[g=temp] EQ k_index[k=@max] THEN 1
let kernel = temp * k_mask
shade kernel[k=@sum]   ! temperature of the bottom cell
-----

    ciao - steve

--

                |  NOAA/PMEL               |  ph. (206) 526-6080
Steve Hankin    |  7600 Sand Point Way NE  |  FAX (206) 526-6744