Re: bottom velocity vectors in a z-coordinate model

Johann,

a simple quick and dirty way to calculate the deepest point of a
variable vel this would be:

let dummy=missing(vel,999999)
let velbottmp=vel*dummy[z=@weq:100]
let velbot=velbottmp[z=@sum]

The problem is that the "weq" has to be close enough to the bottom value
(at least larger). But with very high numbers for the missing value this
becomes less and less sensitive.

Hope that helps.

Arne Biastoch
following suggestions by Rolf Kaese

--

Dr. Arne Biastoch
Scripps Institution of Oceanography        phone: +1-858-822-3787