Reading an ASCII file

Hello,

Reading an ASCII file
---------------------

Thanks to Ansley Manke and Mick Spillane who both pointed out that I was
omitting the "columns" qualifier in my "file" statement. Including this in
the read statement as follows:

file/var=sst/columns=5/grid=gblock/format=(5(f3.1,5x)/)  testfile

The format qualifier handles the blank lines explicitly, although I have
found no difference in the results when omitting this qualifier.

So the simple script to read the file is as follows:

define axis/x=-90:270:90/mod/units=lon longax
define axis/t=1:4:1/units=days timax
define grid/x=longax/t=timax gblock
file /var=sst/form=free/columns=5/grid=gblock testfile

Thanks once again to Ansley and Mick,

Graham Gladman